Job Opening; Events and Program Manager, Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce
The DCR Chamber is looking for an individual who is looking for an opportunity to plan, coordinate and oversee the events and programs of the DCR Chamber. Please send resume and salary requirements to Maureen Scallen Failor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce is committed to building a stronger regional business community. We are the official Chamber for the cities of Eagan, Farmington, Lilydale, Mendota, Mendota Heights, Rosemount, Sunfish Lake, and West St. Paul, along with the townships of Castle Rock, Empire, Eureka, and Hampton. Our membership is made up of Businesses, Community Partners, Non -Profits, Cities and Elected Officials through out Dakota County.
The Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce is the regional voice that advocates for the business community, works to improve local and regional business environments, and helps cultivate vibrant communities.
Position: Events & Programs Manager – Full Time – Exempt
The Events & Programs Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of events and programs for Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce. This position implements strategic direction for the general growth and development of non-dues income generated through events and other initiatives. The position reports directly to the Director of Marketing & Partnerships.
Event Planning & Delivery
- Development and implementation of large-scale, special events including but not limited to Annual Golf Classic, Women’s Leadership Forum, and Business Excellence Awards & Gala, Annual Meeting, Holiday Luncheon for Nonprofits, and Legislative Reception.
- Develop with the Chamber President and then execute event details related to the series programs: Public Affairs Series (monthly) and Critical Issues Series (5 times a year).
- Actively support and participate in all Chamber events and programs.
- Committees and volunteers:
- Provide event planning skills and expertise to the Chamber’s staff and volunteers by building, developing, leading, and managing various committee/volunteer teams capable of carrying out the necessary and expected strategies and goals.
- Motivation and engagement with volunteers/committee members.
- Is staff liaison to various event-based committees and task forces.
- Works with the Director of Marketing & Partnership on development and implementation of various networking, educational, and professional development programs, i.e., Coffee Breaks, Meet the Chamber, Let’s Connect Happy Hours, chamber groups, and Leadership Academy.
- Coordinate speakers and/or panelists (with input from Chamber President) for Chamber events, i.e., Critical Issues Forum, keynote and speakers for Women’s Leadership Forum, Public Affairs Series, etc.
- Develop all invites for events and send out 4 to 6 weeks in advance (Constant Contact).
- Work with independent contractors for all events, i.e., décor, entertainment, etc.
- Work with Director of Marketing & Partnerships and Marketing/Communications Coordinator on delivering all sponsorship benefits related to the events.
- Completes signage and awards for events by working with vendors.
- Ribbon Cutting Celebrations: coordinates with new member to set up the event, put information in ChamberMaster’s calendar, attends all celebrations, submits photos and copy for the e-newsletter, and informs the staff.
- Contributes to the Weekly Update e-newsletter by submitting timely event information sent to all members in the database.
- Posts photos and messages on social media during the events, and post messaging.
- Set up event details (description, rates, sponsor logos) in ChamberMaster and on Chamber calendar in a timely matter.
- Achieve budgeted revenue goals in all events including participant fees, other revenue items for each event and managing expenditures.
- Responsible for generation and analysis of organizational data as it relates to events and programs of the Chamber.
- Develop post-event surveys to attendees and sponsors. Provide evaluation summary to staff.
- Management of various master organizational files including member company logos, event photos, and speakers.
- General office and administrative tasks including, accounts receivables, collections, expense management, related to non-dues income activity.
- Represents the Chamber in a professional manner.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by the President of the organization.
Knowledge, Experience, and Education Required
- Certification in meeting/event planning, communications and/or two years of professional experience in meeting/event planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively cultivate relationships with Chamber members, volunteers, vendors, and community stakeholders.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize multiple projects at one time.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written communications skills.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively as well as provide solutions.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team, and also provide quality service and motivation to volunteers.
- Results-oriented and willingness to be accountability to measurable goals.
- Capable of maintaining sensitive/confidential information.
- Must be a team player that works well in fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word.
- A plus, but not required is to have graphic design skills (InDesign, Constant Contact, etc.), website management knowledge, social media experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business community in the Dakota County region.
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance.
Standing/sitting for long periods of time and may be requested to lift materials of up to 35 lbs.
The Chamber works as a hybrid work model, spending portions of the week in the Eagan office and the opportunity to work from home during planning portions of the job. Required to attend the staff meetings at the Eagan office on Mondays. Travel and work off-site will be required, as well as occasional work on evenings, early morning breakfast meetings, or weekends. Required to attend all programs and events.
Corporate office: 1895 Plaza Drive, Suite 110, Eagan, MN 55122
Compensation and Employee Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and is structured with an annual salary and incentive plan. Health and dental insurance are provided through a proportionate cost to the employee. Other benefits include paid holidays, personal time off policy, retirement matching program, reimbursement of business travel, professional development and training. The Chamber strives to provide compensation at market rates when compared to like organizations.
It is the policy of the DCR Chamber to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability who are applicants for employment or employees to perform the essential functions of the job. The Chamber is an Equal Opportunity Employer.