Job Opening: Executive Director, Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce
Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce
Remote // Excelsior, MN
Deadline to Apply: August 27, 2021
Reports to: Board President
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce (ELMCC). They are responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plans of the organization. They will lead the organization’s membership, partnership, promotion, and programming activities in coordination with the Board of Directors. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and event planning. This individual shall have profit and loss responsibility while ensuring the organization’s long-term sustainability. They will also be the brand ambassador to our community and membership at large.
What You Will Be Accountable For…
MEMBERSHIP, PARTNERSHIPS, AND FUNDRAISING
- Actively engage and retain current members and corporate partners to promote the mission and goals of ELMCC
- Actively recruit and retain new members to increase membership and financial donations
- Manage active members and maintain less than 10% of membership past due
- Prospect, solicit, and close new corporate sponsorships for key events throughout the year
- Ensure corporate sponsor obligations are consistently met
- Ensure data integrity of the membership management system by adding new members, updating existing member profiles, electronic invoicing, run reports, add calendar events, provide support to members, etc.
- Onboard new members including orientation and welcome kits
- Host monthly membership meetings as well as attend monthly member networking happy hours and programming
- Maintain and grow partnerships within the five cities ELMCC operates within as well as county-level and state-level government organizations such as DEED and the SBA
- Facilitate communication and working relationships between local governments and the business sector
- Support the Event Director in the planning, coordination, and execution of ELMCC events:
- Luck o’ the Lake
- Art on the Lake
- Lake Minnetonka 4th of July
- Crazy Days
- Apple Day
- Halloween in Excelsior
- Small Business Saturday
- Christmas in Excelsior
- Monthly Member Networking Events
- Coordinate with other affiliate chambers and other government/nonprofit organizations providing programming to our members
- Lead the overall brand awareness and marketing efforts of the ELMCC brand, including but not limited to website, social media, print media, and other PR strategies
- Support the marketing efforts directed at tourism and visitors to the South Lake Minnetonka with the goal of increasing both visitor traffic as well as traffic to the businesses in the area
- Orchestrate and execute on event marketing in coordination with the Event Director
- Create and distribute ELMCC annual year in review to all members and general public
- Create and distribute the ELMCC weekly e-newsletter to over 10,000 subscribers
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support ELMCC’s mission
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the ELMCC, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements in conjunction with the Treasurer, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Manage ELMCC staff and interns as well as vendor, nonprofit, and city relations
- Answer office phones and respond to voicemail and email in a timely manner
- Collect mail and deposit checks
- Responsible for leading the ELMCC in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
- Meet with Executive Committee monthly
- Attend all Board Meetings for the ELMCC
- Assist in the nomination process of new Board Members
- Lead new Board member orientation
- Abide by all by-laws and ensure updates occur as warrented
- Maintain Board seat openings chart
- Maintain solid relationships with government and elected officials
- Maintain relationships with other local chambers and nonprofits
- Attend monthly Minnesota Chamber of Commerce Executive Director meetings
- Attend monthly DEED meetings
- Attend and present at City of Excelsior Council meetings twice a month
- Attend other partner city council meetings as needed or as requested
- Manage volunteer relationships with the goal of increasing involvement and strengthening relationships
What You Bring to The Team…
- You are creative and incredibly organized. You love being an individual contributor and getting to set the direction and follow through. You identify as a self-starter.
- You have a curious and innovated mindset.
- You are an inspirational leader focused on a guest driven experience and business growth.
- You have an understanding of high-volume service and hospitality with complex operations.
- You have strong business skills in the areas of sales, marketing, and P&L management.
- You have or want to further develop relationships in the local community that will attract top talent and business opportunities.
- You pride yourself on your excellent interpersonal communication skills with a strong orientation towards relationship building.
- You demonstrate flexibility and creative problem-solving skills daily.
- You effectively communication the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers, and the overall community.
- You consider yourself a team player and welcome feedback and growth opportunities.
- 10+ years of experience with nonprofit organizations and/or fundraising, preferred expeience with membership based organizations
- Able to attend all events day-of, including the 4th of July
- Attend all board of director meetings, the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 5:30-8 p.m.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated marketing skills, including website editing, light graphic design, e-newsletter, and social media
- Master’s degree
- B2B event experience
- Background in marketing an event on social media platforms, websites, email, and prin
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Bonuses and incentives eligible
- Internet and cellphone allowance
- Unlimited vacation and paid national holidays
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email Jen Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line of “ELMCC Executive Director Application”. Attach a PDF of your resume as well as a PDF of your cover letter. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through Friday, August 27, 2021.