Job Opening: Executive Vice President of Minnesota Forest Industries
Minnesota Forest Industries (MFI) is a trade association representing the forest products industry in Minnesota. MFI’s members include paper mills, sawmills, engineered wood products manufacturers, forest landowners, producers of pallets and utility poles.
MFI is seeking a Chief Executive Vice President to serve as spokesperson, to recommend and implement policies and programs, and to provide leadership for MFI staff.
- Lead the planning, organizing and coordination of MFI programs and activities
- Serve as Chief Lobbyist; assist Government Affairs Committee with developing and implementing approved government affairs program. These efforts will be primarily at the MN State level but will also include some focus at the Federal level as well
- Serve a liaison with units of government, businesses and other associations
- Implement short and long-term strategy to ensure efficacy of the organization to member companies
- Effectively communicate all necessary information to Board, committees and membership
- Develop and manage budget with guidance from Board of Directors
- Plan, administer and promote all official meetings; attend all meetings of Board; serve as ex-officio member of all committees, including the Board; maintain official meeting minutes
- Execute contracts and/or decisions authorized by governing bodies or by established policies and practices
- Manage MFI staff, including recruitment, training and development, and performance management
- Effectively recruit and retain members of the MFI organization
- Provide security for and maintain all records including legal and historic documents, membership and mailing lists
- Serve as Plan Administrator for MFI retirement plan
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prefer minimum 5 years’ experience in political, government and public affairs
Additional Skills / Abilities
- Excellent leadership ability
- Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize and drive efforts
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey messages clearly and to influence others
- High level of self-awareness and business savvy to advocate for relevant issues and to gain cooperation and collaboration from others
- Prior organizational financial management and budget experience
- Supervisory experience
- High level of integrity and personal code of ethics
- Ability to think strategically to ensure short and long term success of the organization
- Understanding of Midwest Area Forest Products Industry is preferred
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: Doberstar@fryberger.com. Deadline to apply is November 4.
MFI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.