Job opening: Membership Account Executive, Minnesota Chamber
Job Description: Membership Account Executive
The Minnesota Chamber is a statewide organization representing more than 6,300 businesses of all types and sizes – and more than half a million employees – throughout Minnesota. The Chamber works tirelessly for its members; providing one-on-one business services, opportunities to grow their networks and knowledge base, and cultivating an economic environment where businesses stay and grow in our state. A business climate that allows for innovation and forward-thinking leadership will help grow the strength of Minnesota’s economy for generations to come.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Sell Minnesota Chamber memberships to achieve quarterly and annual goals.
- Set up sales appointments and calls to obtain quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Create plan to build relationships with prospective members.
- Document activities and all contacts with new, current and prospective members in the Minnesota Chamber’s database.
- Attend all weekly sales meetings and provide update on activities.
- Attend networking events to increase centers of influence and new member opportunities.
- Assist in outside functions of the Minnesota Chamber as needed.
- Experience in B2B sales, business development, managing customer relations and/or companies.
- Understanding of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce’s mission and vision and the needs of a statewide, diverse, member-driven organization.
- Professional ability to relate, communicate and sell high level executive and/or business owners.
- Ability to not only source new member opportunities to sell, but also to close those opportunities within a short period of time.
- Proficient with technology including Microsoft Office Suite and video meeting services. Must have ability to learn the Chamber’s database software and other technologies for sales presentation and database usage.
- Highly effective communication skills – oral and written.
- Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing members.
- Must be responsive to current and prospective members’ needs and follow through on all aspects of request, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as a positive team player in all Chamber activities.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
- Must exhibit a friendly, positive attitude and be a team player.
This is a full-time position with benefits and involves some travel within Minnesota. The position reports to the Manager of Membership Development. The Minnesota Chamber is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Katie Klein (email@example.com) by October 29.