The Glencoe Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors is enthusiastically seeking a new President. The President of the Glencoe Area Chamber of Commerce is a part-time position reporting to the Board of Directors. As the face of the Chamber, the Director will serve as the principal spokesperson and ambassador for the organization. This person will be charged with the overall operation, financial direction, event planning, motivation & coordination of volunteers, maintenance of membership, creative and inclusive marketing, and interaction with the City and County. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong interpersonal and marketing skills, and an understanding of membership organizations.
• Chamber of Commerce or association executive experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to motivate and coordinate volunteers.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and promptly respond to organizational needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Creatively and effectively engage businesses and community members through written, virtual, and in-person marketing strategies.
• Oversee all Chamber marketing efforts including social media and website.
• Design and supervise the materials needed to advertise events, membership, and other Chamber activities.
• Design and solicit sponsorship packages.
• Focus on recruitment and retention of Chamber members.
• Welcome new Chamber members and conduct ribbon cutting ceremonies.
• Maintain open communication and connection with all members.
• Prepare annual membership dues renewal invoices, letters and respond to payments.
• Direct follow-up and contact of all delinquent members for renewal of membership.
• Create membership solicitation letters to prospects for annual mailing.
• Responsible for all communication to the membership and general public.
• Maintain contact with members by addressing concerns and providing support to existing members.
• Consider the best interests of the Chamber of Commerce in both personal and professional settings.
Events and Meetings
• Develop and coordinate events and activities that provide professional development, networking opportunities and support the community.
• Manage and work onsite at various events.
• Coordinate with committee members and volunteers to work at the events.
• Work with the Board Chairperson to create Board meeting agendas and write the minutes.
• Management of proper financial records, including accounts receivable and payable, submit reports, and record dues and event income/expenses.
• Maintain all membership records in ChamberMaster.
• Prepare and maintain reports concerning membership and finance for directors.
• Direct the annual budget in conjunction with the Treasurer and the Executive Committee and submit it at the yearly strategic meeting.
• Prepare a financial statement every quarter for the Board of Directors’ meeting.
• Signs and/or countersigns checks per bylaws.
• Management of all committees, including scheduling meetings, preparing agenda, reports, and the minutes.
• Maintain all vital records and assets of the Chamber.
• Implement long-range policies to achieve essential goals in consultation with the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
• Positively convey the Chamber both personally and professionally.
All Other Duties as Assigned
• Bachelor’s degree and/or demonstrated experience in leadership roles.
• Organizing and marketing community events.
• Strong written communication, public speaking & presentation abilities.
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite, ChamberMaster.
• Basic WordPress knowledge.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• $23- $30 hourly depending on experience (30 hours a week on average)
• 10 Half day (4 hours) paid Holidays
• $200/month Health Insurance Stipend
• Mileage Reimbursement
• Chamber Cell Phone
• Relevant Training Opportunities & Travel
All interested applicants, please send both a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience. The position will be open until filled.