Job Opening: Vice President, Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce
Vice president position opportunity available with the Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce!
Vice President – Full Job Description
The Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce is expanding our talented team and we are excited to find an experienced chamber or non-profit professional to join our team as the Vice President.
The Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce is located in Rochester, MN and includes business members in a variety of industries and sizes. Rochester, MN is located in an MSA of over 220,000 and is home to Mayo Clinic, IBM and includes a range of additional outstanding employers and small businesses, non-profits, educational institutions and more.
Leadership – To lead the development of the programming and government affairs efforts of the Rochester Chamber. Is responsible for a range of initiatives and programs that engage members, community, elected officials and more. The Vice President, Programs will serve as the staff leader of the Leadership Greater Rochester program and Chamber committees.
Programs & Events – To promote and grow active partnerships with existing and new members, demonstrating the value the Rochester Chamber brings to their organization. To develop and implement annual events and public affairs programming that inform the business community, encourages member engagement and support for the organization.
Public Affairs – To progress the Chamber’s public affairs strategy through business communication and engagement. To provide support for advocacy and government relations events, programs, committees and communications. To develop Chamber and business resources through collaboration with industry, elected officials, departments/agencies and more.
Programs & Events •
- Actively manage, plan and participate in Rochester Chamber programs including public affairs events of the organization
- Development of a strategic sales plan to acquire and retain sponsorships for Rochester Chamber events and programs
- Serve as staff manager of the Leadership Greater Rochester program
- Be an essential contributor to the Rochester Chamber team in the development and implementation of Rochester Chamber events, including coaching and motivation of volunteers
- Budget development for programs and events • Project management of special initiatives and projects that bring value and enhanced benefits to Chamber membership, strengthen our value proposition and community impact
Public Affairs & Advocacy
- Serve as staff lead of Rochester Chamber committees, including arranging contributors, preparation of calendars, agendas and meeting minutes • Assist in developing government and industry relationships at the local, state and federal level
- Interact with local, state, federal elected officials and departments/agencies
- Assist in the development of the annual legislative agenda and lead the tracking of relevant bills
- Prepare advocacy information and resources for Chamber communications
- Responsible for researching assigned issues and developing summaries that assess impact to business climate and provide updates to Chamber President • Along with the President, represent and communicate the interests of the Chamber and the members at the federal, state and local levels of government.
- Use communication channels to develop reports and features that showcase the impact of Chamber membership and programs
- Collaborate with other organizations on communications, programming as assigned
- Assist in the creation of Chamber press releases
- The Vice President must be visible and engaged in the community, attending Chamber events and being a positive representative of the Chamber in the Rochester community and surrounding area
- Assist in the implementation of membership retention initiatives
- Other duties as assigned by the President
The ideal professional for this role will possess:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a chamber of commerce is preferred. Experience in a comparable non-profit or association will be also be considered.
- Bachelor degree in public affairs, marketing, communications, public relations or related field
- Knowledge of chamber industry best practices, concepts and aspects of membership-driven organization
- Creativity and strategic thinking
- Sales experience is considered a plus
- Public affairs experience is also considered a plus
- Possess effective written and verbal communications with an understanding of various audiences
- Knowledge of aspects and practices necessary to ensure program and event functions are performed on time, effectively and within budget
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with business members • Draft correspondence and proofread documents
- Confidentiality is expected
- Strong organizational practices to ensure project and event timelines and standards are met
Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe CS experience are welcome, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this position.
RELATIONSHIPS & ACCOUNTABILITY:
Is directly responsible to the President. Performance evaluations will be based on the quality of work performed, its accuracy, timeliness, and the efficiency with which it is carried out, the employee’s contribution to the overall effectiveness of the organization and the terms agreed to in the Vice President, Programs & Government Affairs contract. Accomplishment of established team and program goals will also be evaluated.
The Vice President will collaborate with team members to lead efforts to engage existing and potential Chamber members and to provide leadership, expertise, and support to Rochester Chamber program areas. In the Rochester region and community, essential interactions include: executives and team members of businesses and organizations in the Rochester region, partner organizations, other area chambers, elected officials and their staffs. Developing relationships with public and private sector partners, including non-profit and education, is also important. ABOUT
THE ROCHESTER CHAMBER: The Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce is business member organization dedicated to providing resources, information, advocacy and opportunities to connect to the Rochester area business community.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume, references and cover letter to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $60,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
Benefits: • 401(k) • Dental insurance • Health insurance • Paid time off
Schedule: • 8 hour shift • Monday to Friday