Job Posting: River Heights Chamber, President
Job Title: President
Job Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN
Reports To: Chamber Board of Directors, Progress Plus Board of Directors
Supervises: Administration Staff
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The position is responsible as an exempt professional in the River Heights Chamber of Commerce and the Foundation, dba Progress Plus, to provide management to volunteers and staff through development of programs, initiatives and events to advocate for the betterment of the business community.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PRESIDENT:
The President of the River Heights Chamber and Progress Plus reports directly to the Board of Directors of both organizations. Position is responsible for development and implementation of the business plan as it relates to the services provided, retention and attraction of businesses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide leadership for all areas of the organization including financial, operations, sales, fundraising, staff, and volunteers in the development and implementation of all policies, goals, and other activities to accomplish the strategic objectives set by the Board of Directors.
• Lead in a collaborative team environment demonstrating enthusiasm and desire to help an organization reach its goals.
• Provide financial management for the Chamber of Commerce and Progress Plus. This includes the creation, implementation, monitoring, and managing of an annual budget, adherence to budgetary guidelines, organizing monthly financial statements, developing proper financial records, and providing any other financial information requested by the Board of Directors.
• Administrative oversight to the Director of the Inver Grove Heights Convention and Visitors Bureau.
• Serve as staff person to South St. Paul Futures and assist businesses on qualifying for assistance before directing them to the loan committee.
• Serve as a resource regarding the economic development of Inver Grove Heights and South St. Paul, advocating for development opportunities in both communities.
• Navigate through diverse opinions, build consensus and represent chamber members and the community toward mission results.
• Develop and collaborate promotional opportunities for the business community and recognize and celebrate business achievements.
• Create and maintain strategic partnerships and provide opportunities for networking with members, the business community, and various organizations.
• Provide information and business resources to our members. This includes information regarding important business initiatives, issues affecting our business community, economic development, and educational opportunities.
• Provide guidance on public policy issues representing the business community, providing education and engagement opportunities for chamber members and local officials.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Strong drive for Excellence including providing high quality service by establishing, following, and enforcing organization quality policies and procedures.
• Comply with all legal regulations impacting the Chamber and provide the highest degree of personal and professional ethics and values, including confidentiality of private information.
• Maintain Chamber knowledge by attending educational workshops, classes or programs.
• Obtain knowledge of ChamberMaster Database, and all other Chamber information systems.
• Create a safe and inclusive environment for all staff, members and guests.
• Complete other duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university in business or closely related field is preferred.
• Five years related experience leading and/or managing a business or non-profit organization, OR equivalent combination of education and experience listed above.
• Creative problem-solving skills to identify and create solutions for our members to develop and grow their business.
• Excellent communication skills, representing the chamber and the Community in all forms of media; written, verbal, listening, and public speaking.
• Ability to work on a computer for an extended period of time.
• Must be able to regularly travel locally for meetings, training and special events.
• Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position.
• Knowledge of the Chamber of Commerce Industry.
• Knowledge of economic development and real estate industries.
• Proven success in fundraising and non-profit organization.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Event planning.
• Marketing experience including ability to create and implement meaningful social media content that inspires connections through dialog and messaging.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Additional duties may be assigned at any time. Employees will be evaluated in part based upon their performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise the job description at any time.