Position Open: Communications/Marketing Coordinator
Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce is committed to building a stronger regional business community. We steadfastly serve the cities of Eagan, Farmington, Lilydale, Mendota, Mendota Heights, Rosemount, Sunfish Lake, and West St. Paul, along with Castle Rock, Empire, Eureka, and Hampton Townships. Explore the many ways we’re leading the way to make the Dakota County area the best possible place to live, work, and grow your business.
Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce is the influential voice to champion economic growth for business.
The Communications /Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the internal and external communications of the organization. This position implements strategic direction for the organization’s communications and media relations and reports directly to the Chamber’s Director of Marketing & Partnerships.
- Manage and deliver various communication strategies (content, design) and projects including but not limited to:
- Weekly Update e-newsletter (done in Constant Contact)
- Brochures, event Invitations, flyers, programs, other collateral
- Email marketing
- Bench marketing report for Board meetings
- Management of Chamber’s website and other electronic communication
- Execution of social media strategies and tactics – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Develop messages and maintain brand standards that promote the Chamber’s initiatives and programs.
- Cultivate and maintain an extensive knowledge of all Chamber programs, services, initiatives, and activities.
- Actively support and participate in Chamber events and programs.
- Experience with posting podcasts a plus
- Cultivate relationships in order to engage members to remain active.
- Staff liaison to various marketing and communications committees and task forces
- Represents the Chamber in a professional manner.
- Perform other job duties as assigned for the organization
Knowledge, Experience, and Education Required
- Minimum of two years of professional experience or a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, business, or related field
- Social media experience and understanding – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Used Adobe Creative Cloud Programs i.e. Photoshop, In-Design, or Illustrator
- Strong written communications skills
- Experience with marketing and branding initiatives
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively as well as provide solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively cultivate relationships with Chamber members, volunteers, vendors, and community stakeholders
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize multiple projects at one time.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Results-oriented and willingness to be accountability to measurable goals.
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance.
- Must be able to attend and assist with signature events, Annual Meeting, Women’s Leadership Conference, Golf Tournament, and Business Excellence Awards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit at a desk and computer for long periods of time, is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. May be requested to lift materials of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required include reading computer screen and written documents; close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. Communicate via verbal, audible and written means.
Majority of duties may be performed in and from the Chamber’s office in Eagan during regular business hours. Travel and work off-site will be required, as well as occasional work on evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
An average time commitment of 25 hours per week to fulfill the duties required of this part-time position. Open to employment or contractor relationship options.
Compensation and Employee Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and is structured with an hour rate and incentive plan. PTO available.
It is the policy of the DCR Chamber to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability who are applicants for employment or employees to perform the essential functions of the job. The Chamber is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cover letter, resume and salary requirements should be submitted to:
Laura Roehl, Director of Marketing & Partnerships
Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce
1895 Plaza Drive, Suite 110, Eagan, MN 55122
Position will remain open until the final candidate is selected. No phone calls please