Position Open: Relationship and Events Manager, Eden Prairie Chamber of Commerce
The Relationship and Events Manager is responsible for the success of select communications and business development initiatives of the Eden Prairie Chamber of Commerce. You will develop and drive opportunities to promote EPC to current and prospective members, as well as to the community, through organizational communications. This includes establishing the marketing and branding of the EPC Chamber of Commerce as the leading business organization in the region. In addition, you will manage ongoing programs and major events for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.:
- Develop the Eden Prairie Chamber communications strategy in conjunction with the Chamber President. Ensure deliverables are met.
- Drive member engagement and connection opportunities through the EPC platforms. Identify and execute opportunities to spotlight members, issues, events, and initiatives. Manage sponsor deliverables.
- Curate Chamber, program, and member information to be promoted across Chamber platforms. Lead efforts to utilize video communications as applicable.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of press releases, promotional materials, and other organizational communications and marketing efforts.
- Analyze event and programming schedule and develop short- and long-term business development strategy. Through the established strategy, develop new sources of revenue.
- Develop strategic partnerships to increase membership and engagement. Meet or exceed established metrics.
- Promote and coordinate the Grow MN business retention program. Meet established benchmarks and work with other stakeholders as appropriate. Identify and drive business development opportunities.
- Support signature and special events and programs of the Chamber. Assist in execution, sponsorship, and oversight. Solicits registrants, sponsors and/or raffle items as needed.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. – Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
4 Year Degree with 3+ years experience preferred.
Self-motived, self-confident, results-oriented individual with the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously. Must show demonstrated success in communications and business development along with excellent negotiation skills, strong sense of urgency, and excellent verbal, written and customer service skills. A professional, mature, and positive attitude with ability to remain calm under pressure is required as well as excellent interpersonal, leadership, and creative problem-solving abilities. Must possess a clear and demonstrated commitment to the Chamber’s mission, which is Leaders for community prosperity; Advocates for business.
This is a full-time position; salary is commensurate with experience/qualifications $55,000 – $65,000. Benefits include a generous PTO policy, nine paid holidays, a flexible working schedule, office in Eden Prairie with underground parking, close to Eden Prairie Center and walking trails, a 401K plan with a 3% company match, and professional development opportunities.
Email cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com
The Eden Prairie Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability status of otherwise qualified individuals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.