Position Opening: Duluth Area Chamber of Commerce – President
Duluth Area Chamber of Commerce – President
The Duluth, Minnesota Area Chamber of Commerce is searching for a dynamic individual to lead the organization as its President/CEO. The ideal candidate will be able to set a positive vision, strategy, and bring collaborative action with stakeholders to advance the Duluth economy and business culture. The ideal candidate will have experience leading for-profit or non-profit organizations, leadership and management skills to advance the business community, and have the ability to create and maintain relationships with members and community partners to carry out the Mission, Vision and Values of the Chamber through the Chamber’s strategic plan.
Position Summary: The President/CEO is the Chief Executive and Administrative Officer of the organization and reports to the board of directors and its executive committee. The CEO works in service as a primary leader of the Duluth business community and is responsible for all administrative management functions, including but not limited to: coordination of the chamber events and programs; organizational structure and procedures; motivation of volunteers and staff; income and expenditures; recruitment, visitation and retention of membership; employment, training, and supervision of staff; development, implementation and interpretation of policy; maintenance of the facility; and short-term and long-range strategic planning.
The President/CEO serves as the primary spokesperson and business advocate for the Chamber and will provide high profile leadership, vision, guidance and strategic direction for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in: Business, Public Policy, Organizational Development, Communications, or other equivalent educational degree preferred. Equivalent experience in directly related field in combination with GED, high school diploma may be considered in lieu of the bachelor’s degree requirement.
- Eight years or more of experience successfully leading a business, an organization, an initiative, or a campaign.
- Demonstrated experience in creating a distinct business culture and driving change with internal and external stakeholders in the business community or a similar context.
- The ability to have constructive conflict for the greater good, build working coalitions, and advance strategic initiatives that bring local behavioral change to the culture and produce tangible outcomes.
- Demonstrated leadership & management skills in a similar environment.
- Ability to manage a work schedule that includes attending various meetings and gatherings that occur during early morning hours, late afternoon, and evening hours.
- Proficiency in the use of current workplace technologies.
The Duluth Chamber is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). Qualified Candidates please send cover letter and resume to Ken Buck Consulting, LLC 4937 Red Oak Circle Hermantown, Minnesota 55811 or to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2021.