Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking candidates for the position of Chamber President
The Mission of the Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce is to promote business success which supports a thriving community with the Vision that Rochester-area businesses are empowered to succeed in a diverse and collaborative climate. The Chamber endeavors to demonstrate Values of Collaboration, Diversity, Innovation, Integrity and Proactivity.
As the face of the Chamber, the President represents and leads the organization by managing all resources, strategy and execution to carry out the chamber mission as established by the Board. The President will lead the organization to achieve the following:
- Support the Rochester area business community through valuable programs and services.
- Rochester area businesses have access to no-fee education opportunities to increase competitiveness and operational excellence.
- Chamber maintains strong, collaborative relationships with key strategic economic and community development partners (government, non-profit, other Chambers) to support the success of the Rochester area business community and strengthen the vitality of the community at large
This senior executive position is responsible to the Board of Directors as per the Carver Model and has regular communication with the Chair. The President is accountable for leading the Chamber staff in the successful operation of all organizational activities of the chamber, including program initiatives; membership recruitment, development and retention; hiring; training and supervision of staff; total fiscal responsibilities and developing and maintaining a collaborative working relationship between the Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce and business and public policy/governmental organizations, non-profit organizations and other regional chambers and organizations to foster a strong business environment for the members and community.
Ideal candidate will have demonstrated skills and/or experience in the following:
- Ability to lead in a collaborative team environment with a passionate servant heart demonstrating enthusiasm and desire to help the organization reach its goals.
- Ability to lead all areas of an organization including financial, operations, sales and staff development.
- Strong political acumen with an ability to tactfully navigate through diverse opinions, build consensus, and represent chamber members and the community toward mission results.
- Ability to absorb, interpret, pivot and respond to local, regional, national and global issues impacting our community with a message and strategy driving equality for all community members.
- Strong interpersonal skills that engender confidence. Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and listening skills, public speaking in large and small groups, representing the chamber in both print and broadcast interviews and attention to a multitude of detail.
- Ability to create strategic public/private partnerships, including building alliances with a wide range of constituencies and influencers that include business leaders, entrepreneurs, investors, elected officials, non-profits and the media.
- Computer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft products and the ability to learn other software as needed.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Marge.Kelley@expresspros.com